Employee Volunteering Content Roundup
It’s that time of year again when we celebrate the impact of Volunteerism. Points of Light, an organization focused on creating a global culture of volunteerism, is hosting its 2nd annual Global Volunteer Month throughout April. In addition to Points of Light, many companies and nonprofit organizations in the United States and Canada National are preparing for National Volunteer Week on April 18th-24th.
Volunteering looked different for many over the course of the past year. Virtual volunteering increased, and in-person events had to adapt and change to keep their employees, clients, and volunteers safe from a viral pandemic. However you chose to show up and serve your communities over the past year, we thank you for your service.
As we take this time to recognize the importance volunteering has in our lives and communities, we wanted to round up some of our favorite volunteer-focused content we have published over the last few years:
- 60-Second Interview with HCA on Skills-Based Volunteerism. Read more about how HCA engaged their IT departments around the country in volunteerism opportunities uniquely suited to utilize their technical talent!
- Read about how NRG made one small change in their dollars-for-doers program guidelines that resulted in a 55% increase in participation.
- Check out this blog post about resources you can use to power your virtual volunteering efforts.
- Read more on the benefits of virtual Skills-based volunteerism
- Hear from our friends at Volunteer Canada about their outlook on the future of volunteering.
- See how AmeriHealth Caritas formalized their volunteering efforts and achieved 54% employee participation in their volunteering campaign
- What does volunteering look like in a post-pandemic world? Common Impact shares its insights and strategies for moving forward in 2021.
Whether virtual or in-person, we hope you are able to get out into your communities and share some volunteering love. We’d love to see the impact you’re making during National Volunteer Week or learn why volunteering is important to you. Tag Blackbaud Corporate Solutions in your posts on LinkedIn or Twitter about why you volunteer for a chance to win a $50 donation to the nonprofit of your choice!