NEW: LinkedIn Company Updates
Today LinkedIn announced the availability of company page status updates. As you might suspect, this works much in the same way you would personally post a LinkedIn status update or the way you would post a Facebook company status update. It’s fairly straight-forward.
The only thing that’s even a little tricky is in the set-up. Though you may not know it, LinkedIn defaults to letting every employee be a page admin. However to activate the status update feature, you have to have designated admins.
Here’s how to do that:
- Go to your company page
- In the top right, click Admin Tools, Edit
- In the Overview tab (the one it opens to), select “Designated Users Only”
- Add yourself
- Add coworkers who should also have access to admin abilities
- Click Publish. Ta-da! Done!
There’s two important things to note for number five. First, you can only make people you are connected with admins. This might require you to expand your LinkedIn network a little. And second, now you have to decide who in your organization should have admin abilities.
A few ideas for admins include:
- Primary online marketing person
- Back up online marketing person
- HR Director
- Executive Director