Is your organization no longer content with just “making good grants” or “doing good things for the community?” Have you thought about how your strategies need to change to achieve new goals?
Today’s episode features Cynthia Schaal, Chief Program Officer at Exponent Philanthropy, discussing how your organization can have a greater impact. Cynthia takes you step by step and helps your organization understand the obstacles you might face after taking a fresh look at your goals, strategies, and outcomes, and helps you determine what you can do differently to achieve more. After listening, click on the link to the webinar in the “Resources” section below to hear even more from Cynthia on this topic.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Steps to creating a high impact philanthropic program
- What “high-impact philanthropy” really means
- Setting clear outcome goals
- Designing effective and coordinated strategies
- Establishing a learning plan
- Overcoming common obstacles
- Dynamics, readiness, planning, and focus
- Capacity and implementation
- Assessing and integrating your work
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or your preferred streaming service for future episodes!
Webinar: Ramping Up for High-Impact Philanthropy
Ramping Up for High-Impact Philanthropy Toolkit
“Perhaps high impact for you might be reaching more people or more places with your giving.” — Cynthia Schaal
“Those who are giving in a high-impact manner match those strategies to their goals.” — Cynthia Schaal
“It could be that everybody around the table comes to the work with a different perspective, a unique point of view, and really thinks they have the best idea for how to use the resources.” — Cynthia Schaal