As a 100-year-old organization, Save the Children is one of the most well-known nonprofits in the world. But as with any longstanding organization, they have needed to balance tradition with evolving to meet new challenges and needs.
This episode of the sgENGAGE Podcast, recorded live at bbcon 2019, features a conversation between Catherine LaCour, chief marketing officer at Blackbaud, and Janti Soeripto, COO & president of Save the Children U.S.. Listen in to learn about how Save the Children U.S., as a long-established organization, is adjusting to changing expectations and new challenges to keep their brand relevant while remaining effective and true to their mission. Janti has provides great insight about how their engagement strategy has evolved and how technology is helping them achieve their mission.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Staying true and relevant to brand and mission in a changing environment
- How engagement strategy evolves in response to new expectations
- Leading with storytelling
- Strategies for offering an increased response with fewer resources
- Approaches for more effectively engaging donors
- How technology helps Save the Children in their mission
- What collaboration looks like for Save the Children
“The relationships with local communities in the countries where we work, that is the most critical part of really getting sustainable change. And that takes decades to build it.”
“We really need to meet people where they are.”
“We need people to be really engaged and we need people to fight for the rights that we hold dear.”