Smokey Bear, Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk, Keep America Beautiful, The Crash Test Dummies…the Ad Council is well known for these and many other successful public service ad campaigns. We sat down with them to peek behind the curtain and get tips that all social good organizations can leverage.
In this episode of the sgENGAGE Podcast, recorded in front of a live audience at bbcon 2019, Anthony Signorelli, SVP of Corporate Partnerships at the Ad Council, talks with host Rachel Hutchisson about how the organization creates its iconic campaigns. Listen to this interview to learn about the key elements for creating a successful campaign, the research that the Ad Council does before launching a campaign, and how organizations with smaller budgets and limited resources can effectively spread their message.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Key elements of successful ad campaigns
- How research factors into the work the Ad Council does
- How the Ad Council works with partners to understand and leverage metrics
- An example of a particularly successful Ad Council campaign and why it was so successful
- Tips for how organizations with smaller budgets and limited resources can run successful campaigns
- How the Ad Council is now able to help more organizations get started with its Ad Council Edge consultancy
- How organizations can get involved with the Ad Council’s new She Can STEM campaign
“I do love really bringing together lots of different people and lots of different organizations.”
“In order to be effective, it’s really important to focus on a single-minded message.”
“If you don’t know what you’re trying to achieve, you’ll never get there.”