While lapsed donors are inevitable, there are strategies you can use to both reacquire them and prevent attrition in the first place.
In today’s episode, Stu Manewith, Director of Thought Leadership and Advocacy for Omatic Software and Bailey Benzlé, Director Of Pre-Sales & Sales Enablement for Omatic Software, discuss leveraging data quality and strategic communication to increase the win-back rate. Listen in to hear them talk about how to identify those donors most likely to re-engage and the steps to take to create a successful win-back strategy.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Lapsed donor definitions and industry standards
- The donors who are prized candidates for giving again
- How to calculate donor attrition
- Information that you need to pull about donors
- How to leverage the data you already have
- Affinity scoring
- Choosing a sample population that reflects the outcome you’re looking for
- Wealth rating scores
- Preventing lapsed donors
- Looking at more than just a donor’s giving history
- Creating a deeper profile understanding that allows a more meaningful relationship
- Data centralization
- Putting individual data point knowledge together to tell a story
- Stu Manewith
- Bailey Benzlé
- Cloud Integration Solutions – What’s the Deal?
- Understanding the Reasons for Nonprofit Donor Churn
- 6 Tactics for Increasing Donor Retention
“I guess we have to understand that lapsed donors are going to happen. They come and they go.” –Stu Manewith
“Look internally and ask yourselves which bucket here you fit in.” –Bailey Benzle
“When resources are limited – time, money, etc. – make sure that you are first targeting the donors that are most likely to re-engage.” –Stu Manewith