How can finance and fundraising departments better work with each other? Why does it matter? Often, these disparate personalities find that working together feels chaotic, but it doesn’t need to be that way. In today’s episode, you’ll hear some ideas from Mary Aquino of Blackbaud University about how finance and development can build connections and better work together to support the mission.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why collaboration between finance and development is important
- Key differences that pop up between these two groups
- The different types of jargon that the different departments use
- Brainstorming with no fear
- Starting a conversation with “I want to know more…”
- A few things that a typical person in a finance department is focused on
- The role of technology
- First steps toward making connections
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or your preferred streaming service for future episodes!
Financial Management Toolkit – Blackbaud Institute
Blackbaud University Curriculum For Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT
“The idea of everybody working together as a team in order to support the mission is immense in a nonprofit.”
“Nobody that is in finance in a nonprofit organization wants to see us go over budget.”
“I would think that the first thing you want to do is open the line of communication.”