Do you need a mentor? Do you know what kind of mentor you need, or what you’re looking to gain from a mentoring relationship? In today’s episode, Tiffany Crumpton, vice president of Renewals and Retention at Blackbaud and active member of Blackbaud’s senior women leaders community, joins the podcast to discuss mentorship. Listen in to learn about what mentorship means and how it differs from sponsorship, the different kinds of mentors out there, and how to get the most out of a mentor.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- How Tiffany defines mentoring and what it means to her
- What sponsorship means
- The different kinds of mentors
- What to think about identifying a mentor
- How to get the most out of a mentor
- The importance of checking back in
- One of Tiffany’s experiences with a mentor relationship
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or your preferred streaming service for future episodes!
“When you’re identifying a mentor, be really upfront with them about why you’re asking them, why you thought of that person.”
“I also believe that the best mentors are always mentees themselves.”
“Look for the type of sponsor you want, the gender doesn’t matter.”