Client Success with CHOICES
Another great success story! CHOICES – the Center Helping Obesity in Children End Successfully – is a grassroots organization whose mission is to fight against the deadly epidemic of childhood obesity. By promoting weight management and lifestyle changes through nutrition education, peer socialization, physical activity and community involvement, CHOICES hopes to significantly reduce the presence of childhood obesity in their communities.
When CHOICES found themselves struggling over excel spreadsheets, custom databases and playing hide-n-seek with constituent data, they decided they needed a better solution to the chaos – a solution that would help them focus on what really mattered to them – their mission. They searched for a system that could 1) consolidate all of their data into one, easy place, and 2) a system that was user friendly and wouldn’t require extensive training for employees. That’s when CHOICES turned to Convio Common Ground.
Here are just some of the results that CHOICES has experienced after implementing Common Ground:
- Freed up 10-15% of their staff time by consolidating to one “go-to” database, the equivalent of hiring an additional part-time employee for $30K
- Volunteers are now able to learn the system quickly and easily and access necessary information via the web, and help the organization be more productive
- Funders now have visibility into total volunteer hours track by program; and staff can use this information to plan future activities and capacity
- Donors have given over $13,000 online
“We see a difference in our fundraising numbers on a weekly basis, in comparison to previous campaigns before Common Ground. Every week there’s someone donating and that never happened before. Thanks to Common Ground, our mission is getting out.”
– Sedessia Spivey, Business Consultant
Read more about what CHOICES is doing and experiencing with Common Ground here.