The 20 Most Popular sgENGAGE Articles Published in 2020
2020 has been quite the year, to say the very least. However, despite all the uncertainty and change, social good organizations have risen to meet the challenges thrown at them and find new ways to reach constituents and carry on their missions.
That’s why it’s unsurprising that this year’s list of the most popular sgENGAGE posts overwhelmingly contains topics focused on helping social good professionals navigate through COVID-19. We’re honored to have been able to provide these resources to the social good community during this difficult year and are awed by how you have been inspired to rethink change.
Whether you are seeing these for the first time or this is a refresher for articles you’ve read and loved, we hope this list helps you to continue to navigate the current challenges successfully.
- 10 Things Fundraisers Can Do From Home During the COVID-19 Pandemic by Adam Ruble, Illinois State University
- Tips for a Successful Virtual Gala Experience by Tanya Fitzgerald, Blackbaud
- Tips for Communicating with Donors During Uncertain Times by Bo Crader, Blackbaud
- Breaking down the CARES Act: How the New Stimulus Bill Could Provide Relief for Social Good Organizations by Sally Ehrenfried, Blackbaud
- 5 Tips for Recruiting Prospective Students During this New Normal by Danielle Smith, Blackbaud
- Take a Shower and Other WFH Tips from Your Social Good Peers by Christine Newman, Blackbaud
- Tips to Maintain Momentum for Your In-Person Fundraising Events Amidst COVID-19 by Robyn Mendez, Blackbaud
- A Guide for Planning Your #GivingTuesdayNow Campaign in 5 Days by Tanya Fitzgerald, Blackbaud
- Resources to Guide Arts and Cultural Organizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic by Piper Browne, Blackbaud
- 10 Tips for Using Zoom for Successful Donor Visits by Jessica Cloud, Starr King School for the Ministry
- The Nonprofit Accounting Cheat Sheet by Angela Rockwell, Blackbaud
- The Time Has Come to Reinvent Fall 2020 Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events by Shana Masterson, Blackbaud
- 5 Strategies for Successful Online Charity Auctions by Kelly Velasquez-Hague, OneCause
- How Social Good Organizations Can Build Community at a Social Distance by Melissa Rancour, Blackbaud
- Virtual Volunteer Mobilization Strategies That Can Solve Nonprofits’ Challenges During COVID-19 by Annie Lewallen, Mobilize
- 6 Tips for Managing a Virtual Workforce by Michael Reardon, Blackbaud
- 4 Steps to Making Planned Giving More Effective Than Ever, Right Now by Patrick Schmitt, FreeWill
- Developing a Nonprofit Tech Strategy: A Step-by-Step Guide by Carl Diesing, DNL Omnimedia
- 8 Things Resilient Fundraisers Should be Doing Now by Kelley Jarrett, Blackbaud
- How to Keep Donors Engaged When Everything is Changing by Keri Kallaway, Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation
Interested in contributing to sgENGAGE in 2021? Read our submission guidelines and get in touch!