#13NTC Session: Does Social Media Make Cents? An Expert Panel in Social Media Fundraising
That’s the hashtag we’ll be using when I start talking about the impact of social media on fundraising with John Haydon, Farra Trompeter from BigDuck, Carie Lewis from HSUS and Casey Golden from SmallAct at #13NTC.
If you’re at The 2013 Nonprofit Technology Conference we’d love for you to join us > http://myntc.zerista.com/event/member/74313
It’s going to be a great time!
During the 1.5 hr session we’ll get into …
- How have you seen social media evolve over the past few years? What about in fundraising?
- Does social media work as a direct response fundraising channel? Why, why not?
- Based on research we’ve done it doesn’t look like many nonprofits are raising significant amounts of money (i.e. >$10k) using social media. Have you seen otherwise? Do you have examples of nonprofits doing exceptionally well using social to raise money?
- What about staffing your social media efforts? Based on the research we’ve done roughly 73% allocate 1/2 FTE to managing social networking activities. Is that enough? What have you seen work well?
- What about budgeting for your social media efforts? Based on the research roughly 43% of nonprofits budget $0 for their social networking activities. Can you really expect using social media to pay off in fundraising if you don’t invest in it?
- Is “dollars raised” the right metric for social fundraising? If not, what is?
- How is social data or intelligence making your organization, or those you work with better at fundraising?
- How can social augment an existing fundraising campaign?
- How can I use social as an acquisition tool for fundraising campaigns? What about retention? Do you have any success stories?
- What can nonprofits learn from the business world?